Kim
This was an old recipe from Tony's mother's collection, and even though I am not a huge fan of hamburger meat dishes, I thought this seemed very good. Because it was so good and became an instant hit in my house, preserving its spot in our dinner rotation, I thought I would share. It only takes 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes to bake. Perfect timing for a non-crockpot recipe and a home by 5:30pm mom. Plus I love crescent rolls, yum.

1 lb hamburger meat
1 small diced onion
1 can of crescent rolls (8 count)
1 8oz can of tomato paste
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 cups of shredded mozzerella
1/2 cup of shredded parmesean

Preheat oven to 400.
In a skillet, brown hamburger meat with the diced onion.
Pull apart the crescent rolls and place in a 9" pie pan. Flatten the triangles so that they join together to form a crust and leave about a half an inch hanging over the pie pan.
Once meat is thoroughly browned and the onions are stir in tomato paste and taco seasoning.
Sprinkle the crescent roll crust with parmesean cheese
Place half of the meat mixture in the pie pan and cover with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and then repeat one more time.
Take the excess crescent rolls and fold over the meat mixture to make a crust similar to a crostata.
Bake for 20 minutes.

I put some salsa and sour cream on mine but no one else did and they loved it. Anna wanted some for lunch until I asked if she was sure. She decided that leftover taco soup was a safer choice.
7 Responses
  1. April Spicer Says:

    Do I need to spray the pie plate before I put the crust down? I'm not a fan of hamburger casserole thingies either, but I'll try just about anything once. Sounds yummy anyway.


  2. Kim Says:

    April,

    No you do not have to spray beforehand. I think the crescent rolls have enough butter in them to keep the crust from sticking. And this would be why I really love crescent rolls. :)

    Kim


  3. Charlotte Says:

    This sounds pretty good. Anything with a crescent roll crust usually is!

    Tag...you're it! Visit my blog for the details. Hope you join the fun!


  4. Suze Says:

    This sounds yummy!

    I will have to try it on my kids.

    Thanks for the recipe!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.