Kim
Wow! BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes 2008 has a TON and I mean a TON of participants. I got so many ideas last year and throughout this month of reading other blogs. This is so much fun almost like driving through neighborhoods at dusk when homeowners, that I covet, have just turned on the lamps but they haven't lowered the shades yet. I love peeking in.

The front of our house and the part of the decorations my husband is completely in charge of. I think he did a great job. We made those wreaths three years ago for our old house. When I tell Tony that we need more for the upstairs he pretends to not hear me.

This is our entry. If I put off sanding and washing the walls in the stairwell until March we will have officially gone one year since taking down the wallpaper. The issue now is not just dreading the scaffolding, but I think I want to change colors. Again with the deafness.

My dining room. Maybe this year we will actually eat in it more than once every four months.

The family room tree. This tree was my husband's mother's. Obviously it is fake and it is so on its last leg. It is being anchored by fishing line tied to a hook secured in the wall. Say goodbye tree.

My mantle in the family room. Last year we had already had many fires in the fireplace but the allure of that image is completely gone since the ice storm last year. We just can't look at the fireplace the same after cooking in it and warming by it for the seven days we were without power. However this year we have more than enough wood after cutting down the three trees we lost in the ice storm.

When I married Tony I inherited his Christmas Village collection. I was never really into that whole thing but after putting it together this year and moving it to this cabinet from the piano I want more for the other cabinet. I know you can hear me Tony.

This is my favorite tree. It is in our game room, the room where we spend the most amount of time. The room that is still sporting its seventies vinyl flooring and faux wood paneling. This tree has our ornaments that we bought when we got married. I loved them.

So not kid friendly but I didn't care.

Nothing says Christmas like, don't even think about touching the tree.

Those little stockings are actually for silverware at my place setting. They take up too much room at the dinner table.

Well that was my house. I am going to link up with BooMama's house tour but I have to run take Anna to the doctor. Hopefully we will hear she can get off the antibiotics. That would be GREAT!

edited at 8:35 pm: added the link to BooMama's blog and even better Anna is off IV antibiotics and now has seven days worth of oral antibiotics to take three times a day! Praise the Lord!

8 Responses
  1. Wow - you put those of us who only have a tree to shame ....


  2. Wonderwoman Says:

    Absolutely fantastic! Your house looks great. Merry Christmas.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    My favorite is the dinning room, your home is beautiful. Thanks for having us.


  4. philben5 Says:

    I love your style! Wow.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings
    Roxanne


  5. mommagurl32 Says:

    This is my favorite house so far! I love your curtains in your dining(?) room. Love your decor! Thanks for sharing!


  6. Susanne Says:

    Your silver and white tree is gorgeous! Beautiful home all dolled up for the holidays!

    Merry Christmas!


  7. becky Says:

    Your house is gorgeous -- love the decor! And I love the colorful commentary -- my husband has selective deafness sometimes, too! ;)

    Happy Holidays!


  8. Kim Says:

    WOW! Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. I was actually surprised at how good it really made me feel. So incredibly nice. Thank you!!