Kim
Going 370 miles for Haircut and Highlights so worth it! I really like my hair. It looks naturally highlighted, almost like I have been in the sun lounging on a beach chair having a Mai-Tai delivered to me and charged to my hotel room. The haircut is up to my shoulders and all layerery (my word) which I love. Plus I have more bangs. I will take a picture to show how worth it it was to fly somewhere for less than 24 hours to get a $45 haircut and color. (I am sure this fits into our debt reduction plan....somehow)

The hairstylist was so fast. I think she foiled me up, stuck me under the dryer, washed the color out, cut and blow dried in under TWO HOURS! Amazing. That is what I hate the most about having my color done at a salon, the time. I don't think I ever get out of a salon in less than four hours and I think that is crap. Stomp. Stomp.

It was very nice to spend time with my sister too. I think it was the first time in almost 15 years since it has been just the two of us. At first I was a little nervous about what we were going to talk about but after a bit we did just fine. It is always good if you can start the conversation out with "You will not believe what Mom said the other day."

When I flew back on Sunday I helped my weary and battle scarred husband get ready for our cookout by pouring myself a drink. :) He kept all three kids by himself and actually took them up to his office to destroy all the white boards while he worked 3 hours on Saturday. This is the first time he has had my daughter overnight without me there. It was just fine, a little crazy with all the squabbling but still good.

Our friends Donny and Cheryl came over with their two little boys. Our 4 year old was in heaven! Boys. His age. Waa-Hoo!

I noticed that Cheryl had gotten her hair cut and had a new color. When I told her how much I liked it her husband was quick to point out that SHE had HERS done in TULSA. Thanks Donny! I have your back too.

I watched the race for a little bit. The last thing I saw was that girl driver, Danica Patrick, stomping toward the other drivers pit to prove she is just a tough as a guy kick some butt. Sonja, Dave, and his daughter Emily came over and we all just hung out and enjoyed the great weather. (I am trying to convince everyone to move either across from us or next door but the freaks across the street are killing it for me. Police car in front of your house does not help me people!! Your kid's friends are the ones that keep breaking into your car, face the reality.)

So what can we take away from this post about Waco being the best place for hair and the fact that I can't rely on Cheryl's husband to back me up? CAKE.

My sister made this cake and it was AWESOME! So good. Of course I jazzed it up a bit with the chocolate chips but man this is good.

Glorified Blondie Cake
  • 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 block of cream cheese, cut into chunks
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 1 box of powdered sugar
  • Chocolate Chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease (not lightly) a 9x13 pan.

Melt one stick of butter. In a bowl dump the cake mix, crack open 2 of the eggs and place in the mix, and pour the melted butter on top. Stir together until a thick batter. Pour into greased pan and evenly distribute.

Melt another stick of butter. In a bowl dump powdered sugar, add the cream cheese, melted butter, and two eggs. Mix together with a hand mixer (easiest) until smooth. Pour over the cake batter.

Optional: Toss chocolate chips over the top

Bake for 40-45 minutes. (If the middle is still like a jello jiggler then it is not done.)

Let rest for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy the praise. SOOOOO GOOOD! Thanks Kelly!

2 Responses
  1. I think I'm still in a sugar coma from the cake. I haven't been able to focus on anything.


  2. Charlotte Says:

    I made this cake to take to Bible study last night, and EVERYONE wanted the recipe. It was great!