Kim

My 20th reunion was great! I saw some people I hadn't seen or spoken to in 20 years and some even longer than that. After we did the, "Where do you live?" "Has it really been twenty years?" question and answer time then it was like no time has passed and we were picking up where we left off, standing in the hallway in front of Mr. Martin's classroom.


I am so glad I went and I am excited about renewing friendships that were such a huge part of my life growing up; but fizzled with moving, careers, families, and time. Most of the people I was able to see I had gone to elementary school with or started 7th grade together. I think that is one of the cool things about growing up in a small town with one high school the ties go way back. Then again that is why it is hard for others that have to move to a town with only one high school the friendships have been established since grade school and they can be hard to penetrate.

When we got together at my house on Sunday I looked around and saw all the kids, FIFTEEN, and thought - how in the world did we all get here, this place, this year, these kids, those husbands? How were we able to do all that on our own without passing a note or talking on the phone for hours? It was funny, I was able to decide who to marry without their advice but my judgement failed me when I had to pick out an outfit for this shindig. Crazy.
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Sandra Says:

    I'm so glad you had a blast, love all the photos :)