Kim
Last weekend we went to see Wall E at one of America's oldest operating Drive-In. We went with my high school friend Cheryl and her family. None of our kids had ever been to a drive-in before and I thought they would really enjoy the experience. The only other time I had been to a drive-in movie was in the early 70's to see Benji but I still remembered sitting in the back of my dad's pickup and eating snacks my mom had brought.

The movie started at 9:15 pm and the kids were excited, I think more for the popcorn, roll-ups, dipping sticks, homemade ice cream, and capri suns. At least that is what it seemed like since we went through the stash in the first 15 minutes. The boys were in one vehicle and the girls in another.

The four adults had adult beverages and just like the kids we started to partake before the sun was fully set.

As the night wore on there was bickering to break up, whining to hush, and repeated movement from car to car. We are not sure anyone, adults included, really watched more than 15 minutes uninterrupted.

But as the sun completely went down and the novelty of gorging on snacks wore off the movie began to take center stage.

Even though it was July in Oklahoma it was not too hot. And after separating the two youngest each kid created their own space and took in the experience of the Drive-In.

Everyone had a great time and I was so glad we were able to do this. Though next time it looks like the adults might need to take a nap beforehand to make it through the credits.

2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Wall-E totally looks like the robot from "Short Circuit"... minus the cheesy 80's style


  2. Sandra Says:

    Looks like you all had a blast :) I still haven't taken the kids to see the movie, I think I should.

    Glad you liked the orange cake, doesn't it just smell heavenly when it's cooking???

    Sandra