Kim
Mondays are not the easiest days in our house. If it is after a weekend that we had TD's kids then mine will be whiny when I pick her up because she will be soooo b-o-r-e-d without her playmates. Never mind that she has dance every Monday night from 6-7 p.m. and was an only child for the first 5 years of her life.

Because TD and I are very much wanting to be successful with our Total Money Makeover, we have essentially cut dining out from the budget. This means that on Monday night when it would be soooooo much easier to eat out at the Subway down the block from the dance studio; we eat at home.

Subway is not the only temptation. There is a Thai buffet Right. Next. Door. to the dance studio. Sooooo easy. In order to keep temptation at bay I use my CROCKPOT on Monday nights religiously.

(Wouldn't it have been great if all I had to do as a teenager was lug around a CROCKPOT to keep temptation at bay???)

Last night I made Creamy Chicken and Noodles. This is the 9 year old's favorite and if she likes it then even the pickiest eater will like it.

This will make enough for 4 adult servings and it is 9 Weight Watcher Points per serving (I used my recipe builder)

2 large frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts (FSBSB)
1 can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 small can of Chicken Broth (the whole can of Swanson makes it a little soupy)
Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
4 oz Cream Cheese
Wide Egg Noodles




Dump the cans of soup into Crock pot, stir to combine and sprinkle 1 tbls of Dry Ranch over soup mixture. Place the FSBCB on top of the soup. Sprinkle about 2 more tablespoons of Dry Ranch over the FSBCB. Turn Crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.

My Crock pot is at high Heat for 4-6 hours so I used the Low setting for 8 hours even though we ate within 6.5. I like using the low setting to keep the sides from burning.

When we walked in the door at 5:20 last night it smelled so good and all the pouting about not getting to go to Subway (I gave in ONE time and I haven’t heard the end of it yet) before or even after dance went right out the door. She immediately said, “It smells so good mommy.”




I started boiling a large pot of water for my egg noodles and dumped about half the bag in. Then I went to change into sweats comfy clothes.



I took the chicken out and set aside.



Then I added 4oz of Cream Cheese after cutting it into small pieces and stirred this into the soup mixture and replaced the lid.



Now cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. See how it just falls apart??? YUM!! Place back into the crock pot and stir to mix into the creamy soup. You are now ready to ring the bell or in our family “Go wash your hands it’s time to eat; and make sure you use soap”

Drain the noodles and spoon the creamy chicken on top.



I think she likes it.



Yes, she liked it.

0 Responses