Kim
This is a family favorite. Some of us could eat this soup every single day. The chicken stays moist and the flavors blend together nicely, making leftovers almost better than the first serving. It can be made spicy and hot or it can be toned down to satisfy even a delicate palate. (I actually used palate, I think that is the first time I have written that word outside of a spelling test)

I should just call this Multiple Can soup due to the simplicity of this recipe, just open cans and dump. It really is that simple.

I use the following ingredients:
  • 3-4 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 2 cans Cheddar Cheese soup
  • 1 can Mexican Corn
  • 1 can white beans
  • 1 can spicy beans, I used Ranch Style with jalepano peppers
  • 1 can Rotel, I used the Lime and Cilantro flavored and we loved it!
  • 1/2 can Chicken broth
  • Generous dashes of Taco Season, if using a packet the whole packet
  • Several dashes of Cumin
  • Several dashes of Garlic Salt

Dump all the canned ingredients into the Crock Pot. Stir and add the Taco Seasoning and Cumin. Before I put the white beans into the mix I rinse them over and over.

See all those bubbles? Yea, if you don't want those bubbles inside your intestinal tract, I found that it really helps to rinse canned beans. Otherwise, enjoy this soup on a night when you are alone or wanting to be alone.


Lay the chiken breasts on top of the soup mixture. Generously sprinkle the Garlic Salt and again sprinkle the Taco Seasoning.

Cook on high 4-6 hours or low for 8. After cooking take the chicken out and cut up into small bite size pieces or shred. Put chicken back into the crock pot and mix with the soup.

Serve with Fritos and cheddar cheese. I love to add a spoonful of sour cream too. TD sometimes adds more salsa but the Lime and Cilantro Rotel was perfect.
0 Responses