Kim
The alarm went off very early this morning, 5:20 a.m. to be exact. I crawled out of bed and went to Anna's room and promptly crawled into bed with her. She snuggled up to me and said, "Hi mommy, we used to do this all the time but you haven't done this since we moved to this house." 5:25 a.m. and she touches my heart and I now miss her before she has even left.

She is going to Texas for Spring Break. Her Pops picked her up at 5:45 a.m. to drive nine hours to San Antonio.

Anna has been anxious for two days, ever since I told her that she was going to spend time with her cousins and grandparents for a week. Her stomach has hurt both nights. She woke up early Thursday morning with a bad dream. She thought she had overslept and her pops had left her behind. Oh my! the stress of change and the anxiety of getting off her routine.

Poor baby, she can't help herself even when she was little if I moved anything in the house she would have a small meltdown. I used to say she will be the youngest kid on Paxil. But it did give some insight on her father, he couldn't handle change at all, not at all.

I was so completely not understanding of that particular trait he possessed. He would come home, from a quick run up to Trader Joes, and the living room would be rearranged. My psychosis was thinking restyling the living room would make our marriage better. Hmmmm, who had the bigger problem?

Anna is gone. She was and is so excited. Pops is just as excited to be with her as she is to be with him. She was in his truck before I could even kiss her goodbye.

And her mom and stepdad? I feel free, so free. No arguing why it is bath time, now? right now? but my show? why can't I? but that is not fair... TD has already counted down to his days of freedom, not until Wednesday night. But hey, that is just 3-4 hours tonight, 12 hours Saturday, 12 hours Sunday, 2-3 hours Monday......no Jerry it really isn't a full 5 days......

We love our kids but having the freedom to, well to have freedom, we love it!

I will be checking my phone every half hour for a week anxious to hear from Anna and I will wish in about 36 hours that she was with me, preferably attached to my hip. Mabye I will call and tell her it is bath time. I would hate to lose my debating skills.
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I can totally relate..they just drive you nuts sometimes but the time away makes you appreciate them so much more..and that they need you...when she gets older she will not need you for bath time...( only money! ha) she will be Ms. independent and you will long for the days she needed you so much...enjoy the bath time arguments for now because the time slips away before you know it!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    don't worry! she will have a blast but she will miss her mommy too!!! Try to relax and enjoy your time with T and be kid free! woo hooooo!!!! Then you will enjoy your time back with her so much more...even if it is a fight over the tub...you will feel like "mom" again!
    Tresh